Health Benefits of Exercise
Step right up! It’s the miracle cure we’ve all been waiting for.
It can reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.
It’s free, easy to take, has an immediate effect and you don’t need a GP to get some. Its name? Exercise.
Given the overwhelming evidence, it seems obvious that we should all be physically active. It’s essential if you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life into old age.
It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
- ACSM – moderate intensity
- Health Beneﬁts – 30 min x 5 days = 150 min/wk
- Reversing CHD – 50 min x 6 days =300 min /wk
- PHASE 1: Initially walking program 20 min 3 x week
- PHASE 2: Cardio (5 d/wk), Strength (2-3d/wk), Flexibility(2d/wk)
- PHASE 3: Cross Train with HIT and start gauging PVO2 -oxygen consumption
Brought to you by, Dr. Vik Raya